How do you NOT let Fear control you?
By: Sangeeta Maheshwari
Certified Metaphysics Practitioner
Author | Inner Growth & Happiness Mentor
When my entire family, including me, had Covid this January, trust me, it was not pleasant. Not being able to breathe properly, I realised our most important gift is the ability to breathe. Have you noticed that when you become fearful, your breath becomes shallow and fast?
Signs that fear is running your life
In current times with the Covid Crisis, most unexpected changes have taken place, thereby shaking our inner beliefs, faith and trust. It is natural to feel the fear, but we can prevent our fears from ruling our life. If you find yourself anxious, stressed or low in confidence, fear has taken the better of you. It is not all that gloomy as it may seem so; we do have the power to reinstil our faith stronger than our fears.
Tips to Overcoming Fears & Anxiety
1) The number one tip for alleviating fear and anxiety is to work on your breath. Practice deep, slow breathing. Make your exhale longer than your inhale.
2) Listen to calming music, or even better is to sing along. Our body is made of energy, and we vibrate on frequency. Music has the ability to shift our frequency higher.
3) Drink 2 litres of water. Water allows the physical, emotional and mental toxins to flow and flush out of our body. Dehydration creates more blockages and holds us back in fear.
4) Exercise regularly, which helps your body to release endorphins. These endorphins interact with your brain to reduce your perception of pain and trigger positive feeling in the body.
5) Reach out to family, friends and support groups to discuss, communicate and share solutions.
6) Practice laughter alone or in a group. Remember, your brain does not differentiate from real laughter to pretence and starts working on releasing happy hormones when you laugh. It helps you reduce stress and creates space for clarity and courage.
7) Every time you feel fear rising, slowly drink a glass of water and practice mindfulness. Observe the fear, and remember your faith is stronger than the fear.
When your doubts hold you back from moving forward, you know fear is gripping you. Make your faith stronger than your fears.
Comment and subscribe below.
READ THESE NEXT
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more inspiring videos, thoughts to ponder on, and motivational insights that encourage and strengthen your inner happiness to come out and shine brightly.